Collections of the Historical and Genealogical Research Center
Housed in the Kuethe Library, we maintain extensive collection of books on Ann Arundel County history, including volumes on local towns and communities, Ann Arundel County telephone directories, county census records, vertical files containing newspaper clippings and memorabilia of local events and activities, businesses, schools, churches, and thousands of photographs of local Ann Arundel County history.
- Original copies of the Hopkins Atlas of Anne Arundel County (1878) Also available for sale in hard- or soft-back versions
- The Martinet map of 1860
- Development plat maps of local communities
- Files on Aviation History including the history of BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport.
- A complete set of the Official Records of the War of the Rebellion (ORs) for both the Army and Navy.
- Biographical files
- Pamphlets and Ephemera
- Kelbaugh Collection – Over 800 files of documents on Anne Arundel County history from the collection of noted local historian Jack Kelbaugh. It includes his extensive research into Anne Arundel County history during the Civil War and his study of interments at the Annapolis National Cemetery.
- Mellin Collection – The research papers of local journalist John Mellin including a complete set of his columns for the Glen Burnie Gazette and Annapolis Capital.
- Nelker Collection – The files of Gladys Nelker who, during her career as a realtor, amassed a large collection of information on Anne Arundel County towns and communities.